There are many resources available online for developing traders. After all, there are few institutional education programs (universities, colleges) that teach people how to trade. This leaves many trying to figure it out on their own, or seeking the help of a mentor/coach to help accelerate trading competence. Our mentoring engagements focus on one-on-one development of traders seeking independent competence. We’re not out to train followers. We’re out to equip the next market leaders.
Whatever your reason, we offer select mentoring engagements for individuals we believe have the make-up to be very successful. Private mentoring is not a money maker for us (it doesn’t scale). So, we are selective in who we decide to work with. First, we’ll have a conversation to determine fit. Don’t be surprised or offended if we try to talk you out of the idea. Remember, trading is not for everyone! We need to ensure that those we work with have the resolve to succeed. Again, trading is simple, but it is hard.
Here’s a sample of the questions we will likely ask you as we assess a mentoring engagement:
The following questions have to do with motivation and outcomes:
- There are many ways to invest and grow wealth. What is it about trading that intrigues you?
- What do you believe is possible for your trading? If you were to be as successful as you would like, what would that mean for you?
- What would be signs to you that you were on the right track?
- From your perspective, what aspects of your trading would you most like to master?
- What are you hoping to achieve in a mentorship relationship?
- From your perspective, what could get in the way of a successful mentoring relationship?
- Describe a time in your life where you exhibited grit and resilience.
- Describe a time in your life when you were faced failure, assessed the situation and kept going to pivoted to something else.
- Imagine you were as successful as you’d like to be (blue sky), what would that mean for you?
- How long have you been trading? How were you introduced to trading?
- How much capital do you have to trade with?
- Which timeframe(s) are you interested in participating in? (daytime, short-term swings, long term swings)
- What product vehicles are you most comfortable with at present? (equities, options, futures, forex, etc)
- What is the desired outcome for your trading? Income/growth/both?
- What is your current win/loss percentage for the last 3 months of trading?
- What aspects of your trading are you currently attempting to master?
- On average, how many trades do you place each week?
- Describe your process for determining what to trade.
- How do you define targets for exit?
- How often do you use stops in your trading?
- How do you define risk in your trading?
- What trading tools and platforms are you currently employing? (include studies such as oscillators, moving averages, delta, volatility, etc)
- What access do you have to Market and Volume Profile data?
- On a scale of 1 to 5, how familiar are you with probabilities and statistical analysis?
How much does a mentoring engagement cost?
We are often asked about the cost of our mentoring engagements. There are multiple components to consider which affect the budget. First and foremost is your end game (if you have a small goal in mind the investment should be smaller). There is also the consideration that cost includes not just money, but time (another valuable resource). The best we’ve come up with so far is to think about engagements in terms of something we call “Intensive Blocks”. Each “Intensive Block” is 6hrs of intensive time together and represent $1500** of investment. For each Intensive Block invested, we also provide 30 days of ongoing support and access to one of our mentors. The time together can be scheduled all at once, or split up throughout the month (i.e. 12 x 30min sessions = 6hrs).
Where do we go from here?
If we haven’t scared you off yet, that’s a good sign. Next step would be to complete and submit the form below to schedule a conversation to see if mentoring with us is a great next step for you.
**Price breaks are available for bundling multiple Intensive Blocks in advance. Currently, we offer a week (5 Intensive Blocks) for $5200, a savings of 30%